Well, Thursday was quite busy. I got in about 2:30 a.m., thus the lateness of this entry. So let's recap all the action and throw some links at y'all.
• Here's the game story of No. 20 MSU's 62-58 win over Tennessee. And here's the notebook, talking about DeVille Smith and Wendell Lewis, among other things.
• Speaking of hoops, the Gainesville Sun had a Q&A with ESPN commentator Jimmy Dykes, who calls MSU a surprise team. Why? "I'm surprised that there is no (bad) news coming out of Starkville."
• Wide receiver Chad Bumphis has pleaded not guilty to charges of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
• Ex-Bulldog Shawn Long has landed at UL-Lafayette, closer to his family.
• Looking ahead, State plays Alabama tomorrow at 3 p.m. (SEC Network), so I'll have a game advance on that in Saturday's paper. And coming Sunday is a story examining MSU's billboard marketing strategy. If you haven't heard the Bulldog Beat today, check the on-demand section and listen for my interview on this topic with Chad Thomas, the assistant AD for marketing.